BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Community College has a plan for the Fall of 2020.
Some of the highlights can be found below:
- Classes will be taught through online instruction both synchronously (live instruction) and asynchronously (attend at your leisure)—these will include general education courses as well as other program courses that do not require hands-on training.
- Technical Education and Nursing and Allied Health courses will be taught in a hybrid model of online and in-person courses. Social distancing and mask wearing will be observed.
- Technology support will still be offered.
- Student Services will remain online and available via the Virtual Student Center.
- New students who were previously required to take the Accuplacer exam will now be given a self-directed placement option upon enrolling for placement in Mathematics and English.
- Several institutional awards are available for students who enroll for Fall 2020 courses. (More information is available: https://www.mybrcc.edu/news/iai.php)
- Non-resident fees will be eliminated.
- Online registration fees will be suspended.
“We are aware that many members of our community will need BRCC more than ever after dealing with the repercussions from COVID-19,” said BRCC Chancellor Dr. Willie E. Smith. “We hope that by eliminating some of the financial burden, we can be a key partner in assisting people with getting the necessary training and credentials to begin their careers or continue their studies. As an accredited institution of higher learning, this incredible offer allows students to take courses here at BRCC that are transferrable to their home institution.”
The BRCC Fall schedule which starts on August 17 is found below:
There are four fall sessions available:
- The 15-Week Semester (Aug. 17 to Dec. 5)
- The 1st 7-Week Semester (Aug. 17 to Oct. 7)
- The 12-Week Semester (Sept. 8 to Dec. 5)
- The 2nd 7-Week (Oct. 12 to Dec. 5)
Changes are coming because of the coronavirus including the availability of institutional aid awards.
Information on those awards can be found below:
- Enroll in 15 hours and earn a $600 institutional award
- Enroll in 12 hours in a hands-on technical program and earn a $600 institutional award
- Enter the Work Ready U Program at BRCC and concurrently enroll in 6 credit hours to earn a $500 institutional award
- Complete the HISET with BRCC and earn a $500 institutional award towards enrollment in the next semester
If you are interested in registering or enrolling for the Fall Semester at BRCC, you can do so here.