BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- After being disqualified in the race for East Baton Rouge mayor-president, Tara Wicker appealed the decision to the Louisiana Supreme Court.
On Friday, August 21, the Louisiana Supreme Court declined to take up Tara Wicker’s appeal, according to the Advocate.
Wicker entered the race in June.
Tara Wicker’s campaign is responding to Friday’s decision:
The Tara Wicker for Mayor-President campaign is disappointed by the Louisiana Supreme Court’s decision not to hear our case; however, the campaign respects the decision and the justices of the Louisiana Supreme Court. We are at peace regarding the decision. No matter the outcome, God is still in control. Ultimately, this campaign was not about one person but about uniting and improving our parish. Tara, her family, and the campaign team will be meeting over the next few days to discuss our next steps. We want to thank the citizens of East Baton Rouge Parish for their prayers and overwhelming support during this difficult time.”
- LSU Gymnastics moves to All-SEC schedule for 2021
- Mother hoping to make a C.H.A.N.G.E. as Baton Rouge violent crime rate increases
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- Tigers add home basketball game vs Southeastern
- NFL Speed Round: Takeaways from Taysom Hill’s start, NFC East race