BRFD evacuate homeowner’s son from afternoon blaze

News

Jared Joseph

UPDATE:

BRFD officials have determined that the fire was due to a pot being left on the stove.

The house sustained heavy smoke damage and suffered $50,000 in damages.

BRFD says, “the fire was contained to the kitchen area.”

BRPD, EMS, Entergy and the Red Cross assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.

ORIGINAL:

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded on Monday to a reported fire at 705 North 25th St.

A BRFD representative says something was left on the stove while the homeowner was away and it caught fire.

The homeowner’s son was stuck in the house at the time of the fire.

Firefighters were able to extricate the homeowner’s son.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “one of the people living in the house was checked out for smoke inhalation by EMS.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories