BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a small fire early Monday morning.
Firefighters arrived at the Circle K located at 5505 Airline Hwy. around 1:25 a.m.
BRPD says, “upon arrival they discovered a small fire around a gas pump located at this address and quickly extinguished the blaze before it could spread.”
It took around 10 minutes for firefighters to put the fire out with the help of seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder.
Video obtained by the Baton Rouge Fire Department shows a Black male “exiting a dark colored Dodge Charger and using the pump nozzle to douse the pump in gas.”
After that, the unidentified man lit the gas pump on fire and fled the Circle K.
The Circle K sustained $5,000 in damages.
BRPD assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.
The investigation into this fire remains ongoing.
If you have any information about this early morning fire please call Baton Rouge Fire Investigators at 225-354-1419 or Crime Stoppers.
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue