BRFD: Residents at local apartment complex extinguish fire

News

Baton Rouge Fire Department

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to an apartment complex on Monday afternoon.

Firefighters arrived at the Canterbury Square Apartments at 3:30 p.m. and found “light smoke but the fire had been put out by bystanders.”

Some residents used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out after seeing smoke emanating from the apartment.

BRPD says, “They saw that the fire was right inside the window so they kicked the door in and put out the fire.”

No one was home during the fire and investigators were called in to figure out what stared the fire.

“Fire investigators arrived on scene and determined that it was started by candles that were left burning near the window blinds,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

The fire caused $21,000 in damages.

BRPD and EMS assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.

The Canterbury Square Apartments are located at 3003 River Rd.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories