BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Baton Rouge firefighters responded to a house fire early Wednesday morning.
The fire started just before 5:00 a.m. at a vacant home located at 4546 Clayton St. near N. Foster Dr., according to a BRFD spokesperson.
BRFD says, “firefighters arrived on scene to find the rear of the home on fire.”
It took firefighters a little over 20 minutes to put the fire out with the help of seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder.
EMS and Entergy assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.
“Entergy was called to cut off utilities to the home because of fire damage,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
The vacant home sustained $20,000 in damages.
No injuries were reported.
The investigation into the cause of the fire remains ongoing.
- Woman accused of elderly neglect, abuse
- Family First: Arc of East Ascension
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Saints set to face off against former players & staff vs. Panthers