BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Community members gathered at Baton Rouge Police Headquarters to donate blood in honor of a high school football player who collapsed at practice.
Each drop of blood donated here today will replenish any blood lost during Remy Hidalgo’s treatment.
The Blood Center will also donate $10 dollars to Remy’s family for each bag of blood.
The goal is to ease the burden on the family’s hospital and funeral expenses.
Denise Forrest says she would have given blood regardless of the money.
I prayed for him and hoped if not for his family, she’d have done it for Remy’s memory.
“I think it’s a great way to honor him,” Forrest says. “There’s still lots of people in Louisiana whose hearts are breaking because of this tragedy.”
- City-Parish leaders call relaxed concealed carry bills a public safety concern
- Reunion Tour: College teammates getting back together in NFL
- Tennessee woman partially paralyzed after rare reaction to COVID vaccine walks again
- Ochsner introduces new strategy to solve low vaccine turnout
- House advances bill to limit officer qualified immunity