BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – 44-year-old Chelvis Maiden, of 21538 Noble Reames Rd. was killed while walking on Elm Dr.
Maiden was a victim of a hit-and-run, according to the Baton Rouge Police Department.
This all happened at approximately 8 p.m. on Wednesday, September 9.
Investigators believe that Maiden was in the 4500 block of Elm Dr. when he “was struck by a passing vehicle as he was walking on the side of the roadway,” according to the Baton Rouge Police Department.
BRPD says, Maiden died at the scene and the driver did not stop to check on the pedestrian.
The investigation into this crash remains open.
If you have any information about this deadly crash, please call the Traffic Homicide Division at 389-7819 or Crime Stoppers at 344-7867.
- Nick and Terry Saban donate to save Space Camp in Huntsville
- Geaux Black and Gold LIVE Postgame Show: Saints fall to the Raiders 34-24
- LSU season ticket holders ‘disappointed’ they didn’t get all of their tickets
- Louisiana man handed life sentence after first-degree rape conviction
- Canadian woman suspected of mailing ricin to Trump, South Texas officials linked to her 2019 arrest, deportation