BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – 18-year-old Tequrrian Baptiste, of 3924 South Barrow Dr. is dead after sustaining gunshot wounds on Monday afternoon.
The shooting happened “around 3:50 p.m. at the intersection of Winbourne Ave. and North 38th St,” according to the Baton Rouge Police Department.
Baptiste was one of two people inside a vehicle and stopped at a traffic light when gunshots penetrated the car and struck both individuals.
Baptiste and a 21-year-old passenger were taken to a hospital after being hit by gunfire.
The 18-year-old died at the hospital and the passenger in the vehicle at the time of the shooting remains in critical condition.
Authorities do not have a motive or suspect(s) in this case and are seeking the public’s help.
If you have any information about this deadly shooting, please call the Violent Crimes Unit at 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at 344-7867(STOP).
- Families left homeless outside Laura’s disaster zones struggle to find aid
- ACLU of Louisiana files brief supporting refugee facing anti-LGBTQ violence in Ghana
- Second annual “Ultimate Tailgate” doubles as pop-up shop for local businesses
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- New Orleans restaurants can once again serve alcoholic beverages through drive-thru, takeout and curbside pickup