BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – 40-year-old Brenda Mullens, of 2944 Joyce Dr. was shot and killed on Wednesday night.
“BRPD Detectives believe Mullens was shot by her ex-boyfriend, Davyon Bentley, 24, 4009 North 38th St. during a verbal argument,” according to the Baton Rouge Police Department.
The shooting occurred just before 10:30 p.m. and Mullens died later at a local hospital.
The suspect in this case was not at the scene when authorities arrived and the search for this suspect continues.
Bentley is facing many charges including:
- Home Invasion
- 1st Degree Murder
- Illegal Use of a Weapon
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Simple Criminal Damage to Property
- Attempt 1st Degree Murder (3 counts)
The suspect “is considered armed and dangerous,” and anyone with the information on the location of Davyon Bentley should call the Violent Crime Unit at 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at 344-7867.
- City-Parish leaders call relaxed concealed carry bills a public safety concern
- Reunion Tour: College teammates getting back together in NFL
- Tennessee woman partially paralyzed after rare reaction to COVID vaccine walks again
- Ochsner introduces new strategy to solve low vaccine turnout
- House advances bill to limit officer qualified immunity