BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to the scene of a working fire after 5 a.m. on Monday morning.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “firefighters arrived on scene to find the rear of the home about 30% involved in flames.”
Firefighters immediately went to work putting the fire out at a residence located at 2678 Tennessee St.
It took a little over 20 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the fire with the help of seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder.
No one has been living in the home since January 7.
The vacant home sustained $50,000 in damages.
EMS, BRPD and Entergy assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.
Fire investigators are still working to determine what started the fire.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend