BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Multiple area agencies are working together to tackle domestic violence in the area.
Those agencies created an initiative and the goal is to find wanted domestic violence offenders in the parish.
BRPD says, “this initiative began during the latter part of September with 23 wanted fugitives. 18 fugitives have been arrested.”
A group of agencies listed below worked together on the task force:
- Baton Rouge Police Department
- East Baton Rouge Sheriff Office
- U.S. Marshal’s Office
- District Attorney’s Office
If you have any information about the location of the other wanted fugitives, please call the Violent Crime Unit at 389-4869, the EBRSO at 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers at 344-7867(STOP).
- Ka’Mauri Harrison Act moves to Louisiana Senate floor
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Saints have a “productive” meeting with Mayor Cantrell about fans returning to the Superdome
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Large earthquake off Alaska prompts tsunami fears, fleeing