BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Plank Road Master Plan received a boost on Monday.
The JPMorgan Chase’s 2020 AdvancingCities Challenge is providing a $5 million grant which is expected to go towards the execution of the Plank Road Master Plan.
According to the mayor’s office, “the Plank Road Master Plan will be implemented over a course of three years and aims to use place-based development principles that recognize existing community assets while prioritizing the community’s expressed needs for change.”
Only seven cities were granted this funding and the Capital City was one of them.
“Plank Road was once a thriving commercial corridor in East Baton Rouge Parish, and unfortunately the former epicenter of Baton Rouge has faced disinvestment. Our residents deserve to live in a community marked by growth and opportunity, and our Plank Road Master Plan lays the foundation to comprehensively address the challenges facing this region of our parish,” said Mayor Broome. “This investment from AdvancingCities moves Baton Rouge closer to achieving peace, prosperity, and progress for all of our residents.”
These groups are working together on the Plank Road Master Plan:
- Build Baton Rouge
- TruFund Financial Services
- Co-City Baton Rouge
- Acadiana mom, daughter hope to inspire COVID-19 vaccine for path back to normal
- Children burning paper in BBQ pit start fire at Lafayette home; family displaced
- Overcrowding at shelter leads to waived adoption fees
- Saturday Night: Storms tomorrow; Unsettled pattern
- Dylan Crews Named National Freshman of the Year