BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Plank Road Master Plan received a boost on Monday.
The JPMorgan Chase’s 2020 AdvancingCities Challenge is providing a $5 million grant which is expected to go towards the execution of the Plank Road Master Plan.
According to the mayor’s office, “the Plank Road Master Plan will be implemented over a course of three years and aims to use place-based development principles that recognize existing community assets while prioritizing the community’s expressed needs for change.”
Only seven cities were granted this funding and the Capital City was one of them.
“Plank Road was once a thriving commercial corridor in East Baton Rouge Parish, and unfortunately the former epicenter of Baton Rouge has faced disinvestment. Our residents deserve to live in a community marked by growth and opportunity, and our Plank Road Master Plan lays the foundation to comprehensively address the challenges facing this region of our parish,” said Mayor Broome. “This investment from AdvancingCities moves Baton Rouge closer to achieving peace, prosperity, and progress for all of our residents.”
These groups are working together on the Plank Road Master Plan:
- Build Baton Rouge
- TruFund Financial Services
- Co-City Baton Rouge
- Flames were reaching ‘100 feet in the air’: Chief describes train fire in East Palestine
- eBay latest tech company to announce layoffs
- Former Southern University athletic director, Floyd Kerr dies at 76
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close another 150 stores as struggles continue
- LSU Beach Volleyball announces 2023 schedule