BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Officials at a university in Louisiana say students and faculty are holding classes online this week because of a fire over the weekend.
Southern University and A&M College said on its social media pages Monday that its nursing building will be closed for this week.
A fire erupted on the building’s second flood early Sunday morning. Sprinklers extinguished the fire before crews arrived. No one was inside and no injuries were reported.
School officials say off-site clinicals will continue as scheduled.
The building is expected to reopen next week.
The Advocate reports a Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman said an electrical malfunction likely caused the fire.
The spokesman also says most of the damage was caused by the sprinkler water.