Apartment candle fire leaves $500,000 in damages

News

BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- The cause fire accident is listed as ‘unattended candle” according to Baton Rouge Police Department (BRPD) who responded to the call at the corner of Monet Dr. on Saturday, Jan. 8 at 4:10 p.m.

No injuries were reported, resident exited the home safely.

The BRPD contained the fire to keep it from spreading to the other units which did sustain smoke and water damage. The unit directly below also sustained water damage.

Contents lost in the fire estimates $150,000 with a total lost of $500,000.

The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the displaced residents until further notice.

This is a developing story.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories