NEW IBERIA, La. (KLFY) A New Iberia community lit candles Saturday afternoon to remember the woman who lost her life in a house fire earlier this week.
New Iberia city park was filled with family and friends, all there to say goodbye to Judy Neal and her partner Mark Cunningham who was hospitalized after suffering serious injuries in the fire, and died days later.
Neal, a well known animal rights advocate, died October 10 in her home on Lost Lake Lane.
State officials said the fire was likely caused by a natural gas leak following damage from Hurricane Delta.
Investigators believe the natural gas leak was active surrounding the home, and that may have contributed an explosion when Neal lit a cigarette.
- LSU ends losing streak with road win vs Texas A&M
- Spanish Town comes up with creative way to celebrate Mardi Gras
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Slain rapper “Lady Q” remembered following deadly weekend in Baton Rouge
- Suspect arrested for alleged arson in St. George Fire Protection District