NEW IBERIA, La. (KLFY) A New Iberia community lit candles Saturday afternoon to remember the woman who lost her life in a house fire earlier this week.
New Iberia city park was filled with family and friends, all there to say goodbye to Judy Neal and her partner Mark Cunningham who was hospitalized after suffering serious injuries in the fire, and died days later.
Neal, a well known animal rights advocate, died October 10 in her home on Lost Lake Lane.
State officials said the fire was likely caused by a natural gas leak following damage from Hurricane Delta.
Investigators believe the natural gas leak was active surrounding the home, and that may have contributed an explosion when Neal lit a cigarette.
- Nonpartisan group breaks down proposed amendments to Louisiana Constitution
- Ka’Mauri Harrison Act moves to Louisiana Senate floor
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Saints have a “productive” meeting with Mayor Cantrell about fans returning to the Superdome
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma