(NEXSTAR) — The next time you need to search Amazon for dish soap, a mop you can strap to your baby, or a hoodie with a pouch for your cat, the search will begin with a hunt for the app on your phone.
Amazon quietly dumped the shopping cart smartphone icon you are used to clicking in favor of a new logo resembling the many, many packages left on front porches over the years.
The cardboard box look removes the actual Amazon name from the icon, leaving users to search for the smiling arrow logo the company has used on packaging for years.
As CNN Business reports, an earlier version of the new icon rolled out in Europe earlier this year but drew some extremely undesirable associations.
The company updated the look for the U.S. rollout this week and hopes the appearance of peeled packaging tape builds excitement for your next purchase.
“We designed the new icon to spark anticipation, excitement, and joy,” a company spokesperson told CNN.
- Free COVID-19 vaccines available in BR as mayor’s office issues warning about variants
- ‘I just want to know why’: Woman speaks out after horrific acid attack
- Local waterways opening back up after recent heavy rains
- BRG cancer patient hosting a yoga fundraiser to help other patients
- Newsfeed Now: Daunte Wright laid to rest; Lawmakers propose massive student loan cancellation and free college plan