BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The 56th Annual Capitol City Golf Association, Inc. Open Amateur Golf Tournament will kick off Friday at the Santa Maria Golf Course in Baton Rouge.
The proceeds from this three-day event will go to First Tee of East Baton Rouge Parish and its National In-School Youth Golf Program, which establishes golfing programs in public elementary schools, according to a press release announcing the tournament.
The tournament will feature former LSU basketball player Garrett Temple, who now plays professionally for the for the Chicago Bulls, and Darryl Gissel, the CAO representing Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome. Gissel will begin the tournament by teeing off at the first tee, according to the release.
The event’s sponsors include Mercedes Benz of Baton Rouge, TJ Ribs, Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Baton Rouge and the Law Firm of Gail McKay.
Mercedes Benz of Baton Rouge will sponsor a 2021 Mercedes Benz car give-away contest for a hole in one, the release reveals.
First, second and third place finishers in each flight will receive monetary awards.
For more information about the event, click here.
- BRG nurse reflects on his journey working in a COVID-19 unit while protecting his family
- Talks of moratorium rise among Livingston Parish residents
- LSU Board votes in favor of mandating COVID-19 vaccine for students
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- Friday Night: PTC #3 skirts to the east; Breezy with periods of rain tonight