MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- New levee trail is coming to the City of Plaquemine
- Music, food and family fun at Baton Rouge’s inaugural Hogs Fete; a fundraiser benefitting OLOL Children’s Hospital
- Wednesday Morning: Summer-like pattern; Daily rain
- Cookin’ Louisiane – Sous Vide BBQ Salmon
- Cows stampede through California city after slaughterhouse escape; 1 shot by deputies