(CNN) — The CDC has released new preliminary data about the impact of the current flu season.
The agency estimates that — between October and the end of January — there were between 19-and 26-million flu-related illnesses in the US and up to 25,000 deaths.
The CDC has a couple of warnings about this data.
It’s preliminary and there may be even more cases.
Also, these are estimated ranges that were calculated using weekly surveillance data along with data from prior seasons.
- Grand Rapids Olympian inks life story in Samoan tattoo
- Monday Night: Spotty rain, fog tonight; Rainy weather pattern
- Holden community mourns death of high school basketball player
- WATCH: Former LSU star Alex Bregman addresses recent controversy, at Spring Training
- Feb. 28 deadline for Louisiana superintendent applications