An investigation is underway into a fire that occurred in Central on Tuesday morning.
The call came in around 9:50 a.m. about a “house fire in the 13300 block of Virgil Jackson Ave.,” according to the Central Fire Department.
On the way to the scene of the fire, firefighters were told that calls were coming in about loud explosions.
Some of those emergency calls came from Central Middle School.
CFD says “upon our arrival we found fire coming from the attached carport and storage shed.”
Firefighters immediately tried to stop the fire from spreading as it was moving into the main part of the home.
A dog was found inside the home and given emergency care at the scene.
According to the Central Fire Department, “the dog was alert when it was taken to a local veterinary clinic.”
No one was home when the fire started and no firefighters were hurt fighting the blaze.
The Red Cross was called into to assist the family.