BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A pursuit involving law enforcement ended with the arrest of Dionseus Wilkins, 29, of, Baton Rouge, around 10 p.m. on Monday, August 29.
Prior to the arrest, Wilkins allegedly led members of the Louisiana State Police on a chase through West Baton Rouge Parish, onto the Mississippi River Bridge and into East Baton Rouge Parish.
Much of the chase took place on I-10 and included the use of tire spikes.
During the chase, Wilkins allegedly activated his hazard lights and eventually made his way onto I-110 North.
The vehicle got off at the Florida Blvd. exit and hit a Ford Mustang on the exit ramp.
Wilkins attempted to run away from the crash scene.
The foot chase ended soon after Wilkins was located inside Maison Des Ami Boarding Care.
The 29-year-old was taken into custody in the parking lot of the private business.
A subsequent search of Wilkins and the vehicle he was driving uncovered Hydrocodone, Alprazolam, marijuana, almost $18,000 and other drugs.
Wilkins remains behind bars in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on the charges listed below:
- Resisting An Officer
- Hit and Run Driving
- Unauthorized Entry Of A Place Of Business
- Improper Use of Hazard Signals
- Proper Equipment Display of Plate Required on Vehicles
- Driving on roadway Laned for Traffic
- Careless Operation
- Penalty for Distribution or Possession with Intent to Distribute Narcotic Drugs listed in schedule I (Marijuana)
- Prohibited acts–schedule II, penalties
- 2 counts of Prohibited acts–schedule IV, penalties
At the time of his arrest, there was an outstanding warrant for Dionseus Wilkins in East Baton Rouge Parish.