COVINGTON, La. (BRPROUD)- As residents in Lake Charles pick up the pieces Hurricane Laura left behind, Chevron is doing their part in giving back to those in need.
Chevron donated 8,000 gallons of fuel to those in need in Cameron and Calcasieu parishes.
“Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with those who suffered losses from Hurricane Laura,” Public Affairs Manager of Chevron’s Gulf of Mexico Business Unit, Leah Brown, said.
In addition to the gas, the company employees will donate a total of $10,000 dollars in gas gift cards.
$500,000 dollars will also be donated to relief organizations including American Red Cross, Community Foundation of Southwest Louisiana, Louisiana Coastal Relief and Recovery and other non profit organizations in the state.
“Together we’ll continue to work with trusted community partners in the area to ensure that our funding will help the greatest number of people possible,” Brown said.
- Friday Night: Slightly cooler tomorrow; Mostly dry weekend
- Saturday’s Virtual HBCU Homecoming Celebration
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- Dems and Trump trade blame for COVID-19 failures as election nears
- LSU Keys to the Game vs. South Carolina