ELMIRA, N.Y. (WETM) – The holiday season is a time to spend with family and friends, but with a spike in Coronavirus cases, this season maybe a little bit more difficult for children.
A new survey suggests two-thirds of parents are concerned about their children’s mental health.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), health officials stated that fewer children have been sick with COVID-19.
Since then there has been an increase in COVID-19 cases in children. The number of new cases in children has reached a record high.
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, approximately 154,000 cases were reported last week. That is the highest weekly increase.
Over the last two weeks, there was a 29 percent increase in pediatric cases.
Over 1.3 million children have now tested positive for COVID-19 and children make up 12 percent of all cases.
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue