LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – A Lafayette Parish toddler is in critical condition after being involved in a a hit-and-run Thursday night.
At approximately 8:20 p.m., Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Deputies were called out to the 600 block of Sweetbriar Street in Lafayette in reference to a vehicle striking the one-year-old child, then leaving the scene.
An investigation lead to the identification of the driver in the hit-and-run as Joseph Broussard, 37, of St. Martinville.
Broussard was arrested, booked into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center and charged with 1st Degree Vehicular Negligent Injury, Operating While Intoxicated (1st offense) and Hit-and-Run.
The toddler, who remains in critical condition, was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
- CDC redefines COVID-19 close contact, adds brief encounters
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, fiancée Brittany Matthews say they’re having a baby girl
- NOFD Superintendent Tim McConnell announces retirement
- Volunteer in AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine trial has died, Brazil health authority says
- 1 dead in plane crash at Slidell Municipal Airport, police search for possible survivors