CLINTON, S.C. (WSPA) – An apartment fire that killed a child overnight is under investigation in Clinton.
According to Laurens County Coroner Patti Canupp, a child died in the fire at Landau Apartments on South Broad Street. Clinton Fire Department and SLED are investigating.
The Laurens County Coroner’s office has not yet identified the child who died. There is no word yet on what caused the fire or other injuries.
Several community members are working to assist families who were affected by the fire. According to Laurens County Sheriff Spokesperson Courtney Snow, the most needed items at this time are clothes.
The Waffle House at 804 South Broad Street in Clinton is a drop- off location for items at this time. For more information on how to help, visit the Facebook group here.
A 7 News crew is on the scene working to learn more. We’ll continue to update this story, check back for updates.
- Two Prairieville residents arrested for allegedly setting fire to vacant Port Vincent bar
- AP source: Saints’ Nielsen accepts LSU coordinator job
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Sources: President Trump lifting COVID-19 travel restrictions on Europe, UK, Brazil
- Southern University Ag Center invites small business owners to webinar on Paycheck Protection, Economic Injury Disaster Loan Programs