CHURCH POINT, La. (KLFY) — A Church Point man faces a list of charges after police chased him down on Feb. 20 following an attempted armed robbery.
Shaquille Landry, 22, of Church Point, is the suspect in the attempted armed robbery on Rodney Street. Police say once they gathered a description, they were able to spot his vehicle on N. MLK Dr. Units attempted to stop his vehicle, but he fled. When officers were finally able to stop him, they also found a sawed-off shotgun in the vehicle.
Landry faces the following charges:
- Aggravated assault with a firearm
- Unlawful use of and possession of body armor
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession of a sawed-off shotgun less than 26 inches
- Illegal carrying of a firearm in the presence of a controlled substance
- Careless operation
- Resisting by flight
- Possession of drug paraphernalia