SLIDELL, La. (AP) — A railroad bridge in Louisiana is stuck open after reportedly being hit early Wednesday by a tugboat, the Coast Guard said.
The swing bridge over the Rigolets near Slidell was reportedly hit by the tug Robert Cenac about 1 a.m. Wednesday, according to a news release.
The Coast Guard is investigating what caused the accident.
The agency says the bridge is owned by CSX Transportation. The company did not immediately respond to an email asking about damage to the span.
- Louisiana health department ties COVID-19 outbreak to wrestling event
- Tigers Off To Lexington To Face Kentucky, Saturday, 5 p.m. CT
- Lions hire Aaron Glenn as defensive coordinator
- Tangipahoa Parish cancer patient makes facemasks for others
- Louisiana National Guard troops return home after securing U.S. Capitol during inauguration