ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH, La. (WDSU)- The Coast Guard rescued a pilot Thursday night in St. John the Baptist Parish.
The Coast Guard said the pilot, Calvin King, was transported to University Medical Center in New Orleans to be treated for a broken arm.
King had no other injuries, according to a news release issued by the Coast Guard.
According to the Coast Guard, watchstanders received a report around 9 p.m. from the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office that a single engine plane had crashed in a swampy area north of Port of South Louisiana Executive Regional Airport.
- Injustice Club raises concerns from parents in Central
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Indirect effects of COVID increase as Baton Rouge levels case numbers
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue