Days after flames ripped through a home on Sparkle Drive, the Central community is now rallying around the three families that lost everything in that fire on New Year’s Eve.
The 2 alarm fire happened in the 14300 block of Sparkle Dr., according to the Central Fire Department.
It took four hours for firefighters to take care of the blaze.
The Central Fire Department said, “Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents of two apartments and one home which were all contained in this structure.”
Volunteers like Marc Melacon issued a social media call to action for those in Central and surrounding communities. Volunteers say the families are in need of clothing, furniture
and food as well to get them back on their feet.
Thankfully everyone that was inside the home at the time of the fire was able to get out safe. If you’d like to make a donation, you can find more information on the City of Central’s Offical Facebook page. According to Mayor David Barrow’s post:
Mr. Lemoine could use clothing Size 32-34 pants, X-Large snap-button shirts because he has trouble buttoning regular shirts, beds, table, chairs, kitchen appliances, etc. He will be getting an apartment soon.
The families who occupied the duplexes need furniture and food as well. One adult lady needs medium size shirts, size 6 pants, and size 6.5 to 7 shoes. She has an 8-year old son who needs clothing, shoes size 3-4, and supplies as well.
The other adult female wears adult size 12 pants and large shirts and size 8 shoes. She has a young 12-year old girl that wears size 7-8 clothes and size 8 shoe.
ANY DONATIONS THAT CAN HELP THESE FAMILIES IS APPRECIATED, including gift/shopping cards. Wayne Leader with AA Mini Storage on Hooper Rd has graciously offered a storage unit for all the supplies and donations.
You may contact Melissa Melancon at 225-270-6657 to donate. You can also drop off small items to Brandon Steed at Salon Willow on Greenwell Springs Rd behind Oak Point grocery store, or drop off items at City Hall. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS OUTSIDE AT EITHER LOCATION. We will get them to the families.