BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – If you are interested in getting the COVID-19 vaccine, head over to CareSouth Medical and Dental on Saturday, October 2.
From 8 a.m. until 1 p.m., vaccines will be given out at the CareSouth Baton Rouge Clinic on Florida St.
200 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines will be available for anyone 12 and older.
- You must be six months out from your two-dose Pfizer series
- Any adult over the age of 65 is qualified
- If you are older than 18 and have underlying medical conditions
- If you are older than 18 and live or work in places that put you at risk of COVID exposure
- People vaccinated with Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are not eligible
“CareSouth is excited to be able to host another community wide event to continue to give access to those in our community who need it most,” said Matthew Valliere, CareSouth CEO. “We’re committed to making sure the vaccine is available to everyone.”
CareSouth is providing these important notes to keep in mind about the COVID-19 vaccine event:
- There is no out-of-pocket cost for the vaccine
- If you have insurance, your insurance will be billed
- If you don’t have insurance, CareSouth will cover the cost
- Residents are asked to bring their insurance card if they have one and a photo ID
To get one of these vaccines, you will have to call and make an appointment at (225) 650-2000.