MANDEVILLE, La (WGNO) – Ben Collier commuted by kayak.
That’s after Lake Pontchartrain poured onto his street.
WGNO’s Bill Wood has the story of Ben and other residents of Mandeville, Louisiana who woke up to storm surge from Hurricane Laura.
Lake Shore Drive here is a lake.
People who dared to step into the street stepped into water that’s knee deep.
The street is also the address for The Lakehouse.
That’s a restaurant where storm surge flooded the kitchen.
The Lakehouse has a wedding scheduled for Saturday.
It’s a wedding already delayed because of COVID-19.
Now, the nuptials may be delayed because of Hurricane Laura.
- Nursing home residents prepare for 2020 Thanksgiving visits
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- BRAC releases COVID-19 economic impact indicator dashboard for capital area
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different