BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The Congressional Delegation is in the Magic City for Faith In Politics will be holding a news conference outside of 16th Street Baptist Church at 4:30 p.m.
The Delegation includes Congresswoman Sewell, Speaker Pelosi and 50 other members. Saturday, February 7, is the 55th anniversary of ‘Bloody Sunday.’
Fifty-five years ago on March 7, 1965, civil rights leaders and over 500 marchers walked from Selma to the capitol in Montgomery to protest the shooting death of activist Jimmie Lee Jackson. They got only as far as the Edmund Pettus Bridge six blocks away, where state and local lawmen attacked them with billy clubs and tear gas and drove them back into Selma.
- Nick and Terry Saban donate to save Space Camp in Huntsville
- Geaux Black and Gold LIVE Postgame Show: Saints fall to the Raiders 34-24
- LSU season ticket holders ‘disappointed’ they didn’t get all of their tickets
- Louisiana man handed life sentence after first-degree rape conviction
- Canadian woman suspected of mailing ricin to Trump, South Texas officials linked to her 2019 arrest, deportation