DANBURY, Conn. (WTNH) — “Congratulations, Mr. Oliver, you now have a poop plant named after you.”
That statement was from Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton just seconds after the City Council voted over Zoom Thursday evening to name the city’s sewage plant after the host of HBO’s “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.”
The council voted 18 yay, 1 nay, 1 abstention.
This comes after Oliver slammed the city over the summer on his show. He later admitted he randomly chose the Connecticut city to feud with.
Mayor Boughton retaliated with his own video, telling Oliver he would name the city’s sewage plant after him.
Oliver replied, promising to donate $55,000 to local charities if Boughton followed through on the renaming.
The plant will officially be renamed, ‘The John Oliver Memorial Sewage Plant.’
- Louisiana performing better than other Southern states when it comes to Covid-19
- Armed robber killed during home invasion, BRPD says
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Baby found burned, abandoned in Connecticut dumpster released from hospital
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force