Comedian George Lopez has been known to push the boundaries, but conservatives say he has gone too far with his latest quip about a bounty on President Donald Trump’s head.
In response to a Instagram post erroneously claiming that Iran has offered an $80 million bounty on Trump after the assassination of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the “El Chicano” actor wrote, “We’ll do it for half.”
Lopez’s comment sparked immediate backlash among conservatives and inspired the viral hashtag #ArrestGeorgeLopez on Twitter Monday.
“You ever hear of Democrat privilege? It means you can commit crimes without going to jail, like George Lopez threatening to assassinate the president,” Charlie Kirk, founder and president of Turning Point USA, a national conservative organization, wrote on Twitter. “When Republicans do this, they go to prison.”
- Gonzales bar gets permit back after paying fine, week suspension for violating Covid-19 mandates
- Is remdesivir more effective than hydroxychloroquine? Experts say it’s unclear
- Covid safety measures inside Southern University dorms
- Family First: Pool Safety
- Amid legal challenge, Edwards administration defends COVID-19 restrictions