BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A little over one month ago, the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office received a tip about a possible drug dealer.
The tip went into detail about how a man nicknamed “Tae.” “Tae” was later identified as Davante Johnson, 25, of Baton Rouge.
The tipster claimed that there were a lot of drugs at a location on Red Oak Dr.
An investigation followed into the possible dealing of drugs including fentanyl.
“Tae” was found to live at one location in Gonzales and then commute to the previously mentioned location on Red Oak Dr.
The specific location on Red Oak Dr. was a two-story town house.
On Thursday, December 1, Johnson was seen leaving that town house and committing a traffic violation while heading towards Green Oak Dr.
A traffic stop was initiated on Florida Blvd.
A K-9 was brought to the scene to check for illegal drugs.
Johnson was detained and the K-9 proceeded to check the Dodge Challenger.
The K-9 “positively alerted to the odor of narcotics on the passenger side front door,” according to the affidavit.
A search of the Dodger Challenger and Johnson uncovered these items:
- Glock Model #27, 40 caliber handgun with an extended magazine
- Two loaded Glock magazines
- $2841 in cash
- Five cell phones
At the time of his arrest, Johnson was a convicted felon and not allowed to have a gun.
Johnson was arrested and charged with the crimes listed below:
- Illegal Possession Of Stolen Firearms
- Illegal Carrying of Weapons (with CDS)
- Possession Of Firearm Or Carrying Concealed Weapon By A Person Convicted Of Certain Felonies
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession\Distribution Manufacturing Schedule I
- Possession\Distribution Manufacturing Schedule II
On the same day that Johnson was arrested, a search of the residence on Red Oak Dr. was conducted by agents.
Two men were at the location when agents entered with only one being read their Miranda rights.
According to the affidavit, “A closet in the carport area of this residence” was searched and these items were seized:
- 12.82 ounces of Powder Fentanyl/Heroin mix
- 1.87 ounces of Powder Fentanyl
- 2.03 ounces of Powder Heroin
- Glock, Model 43, 9mm handgun
- Glock, Model 17, 9mm handgun
- Taurus, Model #PT 111, 9 mm handgun
- Stolen Glock, Model 43, 9mm handgun
- Three digital scales
- Boxes of small plastic bags
“Johnson stated all the fentanyl, heroin, drug paraphernalia, and guns located in the utility closet under the carport belonged to him,” according to the affidavit.
The Baton Rouge man was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on Friday, December 2.
Johnson remains behind bars on $23,500 bond.