Jay Ducote makes Jalapeño duck poppers with Jay D’s Bar-B-Q glaze.
- 1 duck breast, sliced into ¼” slices (should result in 10-12 slices)
- 10 fresh jalapeño pepper slices, seeded
- 3 slices of Buckley Farm’s bacon, sliced into thirds
- ¼ cup of Shurfine cream cheese
- ½ cup of Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay bacon on sheet pan for 7-8 minutes. Set aside and cool. Combine cream cheese with 3 Tbs. of Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce and set aside.
- To assemble duck poppers, layer one slice of duck on top each piece of bacon. Spoon a teaspoon of the barbecue cream cheese mixture on each piece of duck and top with a sliced jalapeño. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Place poppers on a sheet pan and parcook in the oven for 7 minutes. Heat grill pan on medium high heat and grill for 3-5 minutes, while basting with Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce and enjoy!