Chef Jay Ducote makes a grilled cheese with onions and pablano peppers.
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 sliced marbled rye bread OR your favorite bread
- ½ stick Shurfine butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp Shurfine mayo
- 2 Tbsp Louisiana Molasses Mustard
- 4 slices Shurfine cheddar
- 4 slices Shurfine swiss cheese
- 4 slices Shurfine provolone OR smoked gouda
- Roast whole poblanos over flames on stovetop until all skin is blackened.
- Take off fire and let rest in plastic wrap to steam.
- Remove charred skin, cut off top, & seed. Slice each poblano into long strips.
- Put a layer of mayo/mustard on one side of 2 slices of rye.
- Place cheese down next with a few slices of shaved red onion and 4 strips of poblano peppers.
- Top with the other slice of bread and spread the outsides with a good amount of butter.
- Toast the sandwich in a skillet over medium-low heat until the cheese is thoroughly melted inside. Flip once. You may press the sandwich with another skillet or a cast iron press.
- Cut in half to see the delicious melted cheese.