PORT ALLEN, La. (The West Side Journal) – The Louisiana Department of Health reported the death of a West Baton Rouge resident due to coronavirus on Sunday, Sept. 7 and one new confirmed case. Over the past seven days, LDH has reported 23 new confirmed cases in the parish.
The daily count of new cases in WBR hovered below 10 every day this past week except Sunday, Sept. 6, on which day LDH reported 11 new coronavirus cases.
LDH reports 153,177 cases statewide with 134,432 recoveries reported on Sept. 2.
- LSU clinches series with Friday night win at Auburn
- Louisiana House committee advances bill prohibiting employers from discriminating against natural hairstyles
- Bill allowing parents to request cameras in special education classrooms heads to State Senate
- Louisiana troopers knew baby was in fleeing suspect’s car before both were killed in Mississippi
- Food distribution and COVID-19 vaccines sites available in BR on Saturday