Coroner: 13-year-old electrocuted playing with a metal pole


ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina authorities say a 13-year-old boy was electrocuted when a metal pole he was playing with touched a power line.

News outlets report the Anderson County Coroner’s Office says Brayden D. Williford was killed Sunday night while playing with a metal pole outside a friend’s house. The office says the shock caused Williford to suffer a fatal heart attack.

Emergency responders attempted CPR, but Williford was pronounced dead at a medical center about an hour after the electrocution.

The coroner’s office ruled the death accidental. An investigation is ongoing.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories