BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Deshunta Miller, 21, of Baker is in trouble with the law after a recent investigation by the Department of Corrections.
Miller is in jail after ‘allegedly having an inappropriate relationship with an inmate,’ according to the Department of Corrections.
Miller is facing this charge:
- One count of Malfeasance in Office: sexual conduct prohibited with persons in the custody and supervision of the Department of Public Safety and Corrections
Miller was a Correctional Officer at Elayn Hunt Correctional Center for less than a year at the time of the booking.
Miller held the rank of Sergeant and the Department of Corrections plan on terminating the probationary employee.
- White House still planning holiday parties, despite virus warnings
- Three Louisiana men arrested on child pornography charges
- Could you get the same COVID-19 treatment as Trump? Here’s who will qualify
- Louisiana COVID-19 hospitalizations pass 1,000-mark, highest since August
- Rules about police wearing masks vary widely across US