BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A COVID-19 Drive-thru Community Testing and Supplies Giveaway is taking place on Saturday, July 11.
CareSouth is partnering with the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church to offer the community access to COVID-19 tests.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. CareSouth is making tests available for up to 250 people, according to CareSouth.
CareSouth provided these instructions for anyone who wants to attend on Saturday:
- You must be tested first in order to receive the supplies.
- You must pre-register to get the test.
- Residents will stay in their cars for the testing and the supplies.
- No walkups are allowed.
- No more than four people per car for testing.
- The testing is open to anyone ages 12 and up with or without symptoms and with and without insurance.
- No doctor’s order required.
- There are no out-of-pocket expenses.
- If you have insurance, your insurance will be billed.
- If you don’t have insurance, CareSouth will cover the cost.
“We’re excited to partner with Shiloh to help make COVID-19 testing more accessible to everyone in our community, especially those who are most at risk,” said Matthew Valliere, CareSouth CEO. “Getting tested is the only way to help stop the spread.”
“This is a great opportunity to bring the testing to our members, their families and the community at large,” said Rev. Fred Jeff Smith, Pastor of Shiloh. “We’re very grateful to CareSouth for providing this service.”
If you would like to pre-register, visit CareSouth.
Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church is located at 185 Eddie Robinson Sr. Dr.