BATON ROUGE, La. (BRProud) – Mayor Broome and other local leaders are participating in a tele-town hall starting at 11 a.m.
“COVID-19: Preparing for the Next Phase” is an informational session designed “to educate the community about COVID-19 response measures, discuss the phased re-opening approach, share information about available resources, and address community concerns,” according to the Louisiana Public Health Institute.
These local leaders are expected to attend today’s tele-town hall:
- Sharon Weston Broome
- City of Baton Rouge
- Edward C. “Ted” James, II
- State Representative
- District 101
- Broderick Bagert
- Together Louisiana
- Dr. Tia Trumaine Mills
Louisiana Association of Educators
- Dr. Dawn Marcelle
- Regional Medical Director
- Louisiana Department of Health
- Mark A. Ellis, Sr.
- United Christian Faith Ministries
The Louisiana Public Health Institute stated that the focus of today’s tele-town hall is finding “equitable health outcomes for all Louisianans.”
There are two moderators for Thursday’s event and they are listed below:
- Shelina Davis, CEO of LPHI
- Earl Benjamin-Robinson, deputy director of LDH’s Office of Community Partnerships & Health Equity