BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Almost fifty days after 44-year-old Jason Johnson was shot and killed, authorities have made an arrest in this case.
The deadly shooting took place at 1935 Choctaw Dr. and 47-year-old Kentro Taylor is currently in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.
The 47-year-old man was arrested in Illinois with the help of an anonymous Crime Stoppers tip.
According to the Baton Rouge Police Department, investigators believe that Taylor is connected to the shooting of three individuals on September 6.
Jason Johnson passed away at the shooting scene and two other men were transported to local hospitals.
Taylor is facing these charges:
- First Degree Murder
- Two counts of Attempted First Degree Murder
- Convicted Felon in Possession of a Firearm
If anyone has information about this deadly shooting, please call the Violent Crimes Unit at 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at 344-7867.
- ‘Pressure’s an illusion’: McLaughlin destroys 400m hurdles heat, advances
- ‘Twisties’: Skinner to take Biles’ place in vault and uneven bars
- Gov. Edwards ‘seriously considering’ mask mandate as Covid cases increase
- Catholic High’s Emery Jones is staying home
- St. Landry Sheriff’s Office asks public to help identify shirtless vehicle break-in suspect