LABADIEVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – A traffic stop on Tuesday, May 16 ended with one person being taken into custody and the seizure of a gun and drugs in Assumption Parish. Phillip Albert Breaux, III, 39, of Belle Rose, was driving when a deputy allegedly saw him commit a traffic violation. The stop took place a little before 8 p.m. on LA 398 West.
The deputy questioned Breaux and saw “a container of suspected marijuana in plain view,” according to the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office. APSO said that a K-9 confirmed illegal narcotics were present. A search of the vehicle was conducted which led to the seizure of 24.77 grams of marijuana, 12 doses of MDMA and a .420 gauge revolver which was reported stolen.
The Belle Rose man was charged with these crimes:
- illegal possession of a stolen firearm
- possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- illegal possession of a firearm in the presence of controlled dangerous substances
- possession with intent to distribute MDMA (Ecstasy)
- possession with Intent to distribute marijuana
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- possession of alcoholic beverages in a motor vehicle
- speeding, 74 MPH / 55 MPH Zone
Breaux remains behind bars in the Assumption Parish Detention Center and no bond has been set.