ALBANY, La. (BRPROUD) – Deputies with the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office were called to a home overnight on Feb. 5 about a “disturbance involving shots fired.”
As the investigation unfolded, deputies learned that three people were able to get away from a domestic disturbance with no injuries, according to LPSO. Deputies searched at the location and LPSO said four dogs were found dead inside locked cages.
Ricky Lee Tullos, 31, was arrested and charged. Tullos remains behind bars in the Livingston Parish Detention Center on these charges:
- Domestic abuse aggravated assault
- Domestic abuse and assault child endangerment
- Assault/aggravated firearm
- Two counts of false imprisonment
- Illegal use of weapons (discharge crime of violence)
- Aggravated cruelty to animals
- Resisting/force or violence (minor injuries)
The investigation remains open and anyone with information that could help investigators is asked to call the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office at 225-686-2241.