BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A man was arrested after five children were found at a Baton Rouge home during a drug bust Monday.
The East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office said Kevin White, 33, was arrested after narcotics agents conducted four controlled purchases of fentanyl and carried out two search warrants — one at an address in the 1200 block of Perkins Road and on in the 11100 block of Boardwalk Drive.
Officials said the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services was notified after five children younger than 17 years old were at one of the locations.
EBRSO said the following was seized from homes on Perkins Road and Boardwalk Drive:
- 7.5 ounces of fentanyl (approx. value $15,000)
- 70.7 grams of methamphetamine (approx. value $1,500)
- 17.7 grams of crack cocaine
- 7.2 grams of powder cocaine
- 28 grams of marijuana
- 8 dosage units of pressed fentanyl
- 4 dosage units of codeine tablets
- 2 digital scales
- Cutting agent (manitol)
- Pill press
- Taurus .45-caliber handgun
- Heritage Arms .22-caliber handgun
- Taurus .410 handgun
- Jimenez Arms .380-caliber handgun
- Cimarron .45-caliber handgun
- Springfield 9mm handgun (reported stolen through New Roads Police Department)
- $459 in currency
White was arrested on charges of of distribution of Schedule 2 narcotics (4 counts), possession with intent to distribute Schedule 1 narcotics (marijuana), possession with intent to distribute Schedule 2 narcotics (fentanyl), possession with intent to distribute Schedule 2 narcotics (methamphetamine), possession with intent to distribute Schedule 2 narcotics (powder cocaine), possession with intent to distribute Schedule 2 narcotics (crack cocaine), possession Schedule 2 Narcotics (codeine pills), possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (6 counts), illegal carrying of a firearm with a controlled dangerous substance (6 counts), illegal possession of a stolen firearm and unlawful use of a controlled dangerous substance in the presence of a minor (5 counts).