PAINCOURTVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – Joshua D. Lee, 36, of Baton Rouge was taken into custody after a traffic stop on Wednesday, March 29. The traffic stop took place on LA 70 East. According to the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office, an equipment violation was the reason for the stop.
APSO said that Lee did not tell the truth about who he was and handed “over a minimal amount of suspected marijuana to the deputy.” During the investigation, deputies also figured out that the vehicle contained an illegal temporary license plate.
Lee allegedly dropped a package while heading toward the detention facility. APSO confirmed that the package contained around 11 grams of cocaine.
Lee was arrested and charged with these crimes:
- No Driver’s License
- Illegal Window Tint
- Obstruction of Justice
- Owner to Secure Registration
- Possession of Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Cocaine
- Resisting an Officer
- Switched / Stolen / Fictitious License Plate
- Introduction of Contraband in a Penal Institution
- Second or Subsequent Felony Offenses
- Fugitive Warrant – St. Landry Parish on Charges of Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Marijuana and Possession of Oxycodone
Lee remains behind bars in the Assumption Parish Detention Center and his bond was set at $335,000.