MONROEVILLE, Ala. (WKRG) – A Monroeville dad decided to surprise his daughter with a daddy/daughter dance after the school’s event was canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
“He bought me a sparkly dress with glitter on it, which ended up everywhere,” said 6-year-old Ashlynn.
Her dad, Brian, decided to give her a special night. He surprised her with flowers and made a handwritten note asking her to the dance.
“We kind of wanted to show them how a gentleman should ask them to go on a date and what not,” he said.
Family members helped decorate the home and transform it into a makeshift ballroom. They even went a step further and served dinner to the duo.
“My wife and my in-laws they actually served us. They came out with little pens and pamphlets and asked us what we wanted to order,” said Brian.
- Louisiana Primary Election Results
- Saturday Night: Excessive heat in the coming days
- Popular local restaurant closing temporarily
- Mayor Broome responds to mask mandate from Gov. Edwards
- Baton Rouge Clinic, AMC hit by cyber-attack