MONROEVILLE, Ala. (WKRG) – A Monroeville dad decided to surprise his daughter with a daddy/daughter dance after the school’s event was canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
“He bought me a sparkly dress with glitter on it, which ended up everywhere,” said 6-year-old Ashlynn.
Her dad, Brian, decided to give her a special night. He surprised her with flowers and made a handwritten note asking her to the dance.
“We kind of wanted to show them how a gentleman should ask them to go on a date and what not,” he said.
Family members helped decorate the home and transform it into a makeshift ballroom. They even went a step further and served dinner to the duo.
“My wife and my in-laws they actually served us. They came out with little pens and pamphlets and asked us what we wanted to order,” said Brian.
- No answer from Brees on future as turnovers end Saints 2020 season
- Local group “Save Our Sons” begging Baton Rouge residents to speak out against violent crimes
- Sean Payton talks possibility of Drew Brees’ final game
- WATCH HERE: Saints- Bucs post game
- Geaux Black and Gold LIVE Halftime Report: Bucs at Saints