TYLER, Texas (KETK) – On Friday, head coach Mike McCarthy announced that 7-time Pro-Bowl offensive lineman Tyron Smith will have to have neck surgery next week. Therefore, Smith will be out for the remainder of the season.
Smith’s neck injury flared during practice for the Cowboys and he missed two games before he returned for Sunday’s loss to the Cleveland Browns. Recently Smith missed practice on Wednesday.
In the past five seasons, Smith has also dealt with various injuries including dealing with back, hamstring, knee and elbow injuries in addition to the neck injury.
- ‘Clouds’, by teen who died of cancer seven years ago, hits No. 1 on iTunes
- VIDEO: Woman drives through golf course before crashing into pond, witness says
- Local family displaced after children alert adult to working fire
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need
- Trump: Biden will ‘listen to the scientists’ if elected